Ingredients: Serves 1-2
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (or regular potatoes, cut them into French chips)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped (frozen is ideal)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder (hot or mild)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- pinch of pink Himalayan crystal salt (optional)
Add the coconut oil into your frying pan and when hot reduce heat to low and add mustard and cumin seeds and wait for them to pop. This will happen within seconds.
Add the chopped garlic, fry for a minute then remove the pan form the heat and add the Chilli and turmeric powder.
Add the potatoes to the pan and briefly return to a high heat until sizzling, cover the pan (I use a plate) and reduce to the lowest heat and allow to gently cook for anywhere between 10-20 minutes.
Keep checking and stirring until potatoes are soft.
You can even turn the heat off, leave covered and leave for another 5-10 minutes to allow further softening of the chips.