- 380g of cooked chick peas in a carton. After draining juice you are left with 250g of chick peas but you can use the juice for something else.
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- Chopped garlic and chilli (optional amount to taste)
- Chopped vegetables (here I have used courgette and red onion but peppers, mushrooms, aubergine and other vegetables can be used)
- Curry Powder (I used one large tablespoon of Tikka curry powder but vary to suit your taste)
- Coconut Oil (you could use olive oil also)
- Coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
Add oil to the pan and when heated add the chilli and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes. Then add the chick peas and fry for another 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
Add chopped vegetables and fry for a further 15- 20 minutes on a low heat. I occasionally turn the heat to full and stir then reduce heat again. Cook until vegetable are tender.
Pour over the tinned tomatoes and curry powder and stir well.
Allow to simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes. You can allow the curry to sit in the pan for another 10 minutes to cool down before serving.
This makes three large portions or four smaller portions.
Serve with brown rice, quinoa, jacket potato (sweet or white) and with a large salad too.
Garnish with coriander leaves if you have them and enjoy.