Spicy Cabbage with Gram Flour – Serves 2
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil (or half the amount if you wish just watch the dish does not dry out)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- 10 Fenugreek seeds
- 3 garlic cloves chopped (I use frozen for convenience)
- 1 onion (shredded)
- Half of white cabbage (shredded)
- Sprinkle of salt (optional, I used Himalayan Salt)
- 60ml/ 2fl Oz of water
- 2 tablespoon of Gram Flour
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mustard seeds. Fry for one minute.
Add the cumin and fenugreek seeds and garlic, then fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the shredded onion, turmeric and chilli powder and stir until all onion is coated in spices, for 2 minutes.
Add the shredded cabbage, stir everything until cabbage is coloured by the spices then cover the pan and simmer (very low heat) for 8 minutes, occasionally stirring.
Finally add the water then gram flour and keep stirring as you fry for a final minute or two.
Serve and enjoy!