- 150g cooked brown basmati rice
- 1 Tablespoon of curry powder (I used Tikka)
- 1 carton of cooked chick peas (380g including juice)
- Handful of almonds
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 red onion
- 1-3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- pinch of cumin (optional)
- oil for frying (I use coconut oil or rice bran oil)
Place oil in the pan and heat, fry the onion, garlic and celery for about 2 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
Turn down the heat to low and add in the chick peas.
Fry for another couple of minutes. Again keep stirring. A high heat will cause the chick peas to pop so keep it low.
Add the brown rice, almonds and then the curry powder and stir all ingredients together and continue cooking until all ingredients are warm.
This would have been nice with some currants added to the mix. I will try that next time and update!